Team and Role Overview
Promation is looking for a talented software engineer to join the multifaceted Additive Manufacturing team comprised of software, automation and computer vision engineers who work closely with welding engineers. This position will help build high quality, scalable software that is at the core of our autonomous 3D printing robotic cells.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Your objectives will entail building a maintainable decoupled micro service driven architecture, user interfaces, implementing a continuous integration pipeline, turning prototypes into production ready systems, simplifying sensor addition to our 3D printer and a major component of your responsibilities will include supporting the real time control infrastructure which can run up to 21 days continuously.
You have ideally built real time data acquisition, monitoring and control systems that are robust and maintainable. At Relativity, you will be responsible for building out and maintaining softwares that are critical to our autonomous 3D printing process. This role requires that you are able to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells. You are excited to solve complex problems to which you can offer elegant solutions.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science and 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience designing and building real time control systems
- Experience working with various database technologies
- Expert in Python, C++, C#, .NET, Visual Studio
- Familiarity with containers
- Experience visualizing time series data and building user interfaces
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile Development
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science and 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience with publisher-subscriber design pattern
- Experience with InfluxDB, Grafana
- Database administration/configurations
- Experience implementing Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms in real time
- Experience working with industrial robots
- Experience working with EtherCAT
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.