The Shipping Receiving Materials Specialist will be responsible for material handling, inventory transactions utilizing handheld scanners, packaging, kitting and receiving.
- Receive and verify incoming materials/shipments against the purchase order
- Inspect materials for any physical damage or rust.
- Prepare shipping documents, bill of lading and customs documents
- Coordinate shipping and receiving with logistics and transportation companies
- Log shipping /receiving transaction entries using ERP System (Epicor).
- Operating and maintaining RF Scanner (handheld warehouse computer).
- Perform materials sorting, labelling, bagging, repacking, tape boxes.
- Distribute the items received to the person or department for which the item was ordered
- Perform inventory count and report discrepancies.
- Operating mechanical forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Working on both the Receiving and Shipping docks as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure company security requirements are followed, including identifying any processing areas that are not in compliance.
- Work well with others on a continuous and consistent basis
- Present and maintain professional behaviour.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and report any unsafe conditions.
- 3-5 years of experience operating a forklift and crane
- Completion of Forklift and Crane Certification
- General fabricating and machine shop knowledge
- Some college/vocational or technical training
- Experience and/or knowledge in inventory control/barcode systems/ERP
- 3-5 years of experience in blueprint reading
- 3-5 years of experience MS office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.