The Senior Controls and Automation Programmer / Developer will be responsible for programing and developing software for the operation of automated equipment, and for the manipulation of associated data.
- Ability to program I/O systems in excess of 128 I/O. Systems could include networked components, motion control, vision, robotics, and weld control
- Ability to understand, and apply, high-end PLC commands and HMI usage
- Understand and apply SCADA systems.
- Understand Promation’s scheduling and budget requirements and apply personal management skills to meet required time and material allowances.
- Communicate effectively with management, fellow staff, and customers the status of current projects, project concerns and possible solutions.
- Reviews machine function with senior electrical developer, mechanical design personnel, and mechanical developer associated with the project.
- Study drawings, manuals, and specifications, then using appropriate software’s proceed to writing all necessary programs.
- Document all software written as per Promation’s standards.
- Develop all software written so as to achieve specified performance criteria Development will be done in a “team” environment, which will include electrical and mechanical interests.
- Research and develop application and use of products involved in a project. Research and development records to be filed for future reference. Successes and failures to be entered into the PGA file under “Best Practices”.
- Mark drawings to “as built” throughout the project.
- Project management throughout the entire phase.
- Organize and manage multiple staff of similar skill levels where projects require team approach to maintain scheduling
- Prepare and present demonstrations in a professional manner
- Non-conformances throughout the project are to be recorded as per ISO policy
- As per ISO policy, Project Requirements form is to be initialed once associated phase of a project is complete
- Occasional travel as required within North America
- Other tasks/duties as required.
- College or University level Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering program.
- Minimum 5+ Years’ experience within the Automation or Automotive Manufacturing Field.
- Skills are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions
- Ability to handle attention to detail, tight deadlines, responsibility and accountability and the ability to multi-task.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis