Promation Engineering Ltd. has an opening for a Real Time Software Engineer with exposure in the Design and the Development of robotic and automation systems.
The Real Time Software Engineer will develop software and algorithms for a real time positioning system. The candidate should have experience with multi-sensor systems to be able to partake in systems engineering and integration tasks.
You will work closely with our Robotic & Automation Research and Development department, assisting in the development of industrial applications.
For the right Candidate, Promation will provide training and guidance to achieve complete proficiency in robotics and in automation.
Promation offer a great working environment and compensation for the individuals seeking to gain robotic engineering knowledge.
- Develop software for real time control of an industrial robot using Python, C++, and more
- Code-review, pair-program, and problem solve with teammates
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly sprint planning, retrospectives, and roadmap planning
- Bachelor Degree in Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of Electrical engineering.
- Background in machine controls (PLCs, Servo Drivers, etc.).
- Proficient with Electrical Control design and automation, PLC Programming, Industrial Robots programming, Vision systems Programming
- Program (in C, C++, etc.) all applications, components and interfaces
- Design software architecture for RTOS based multi-core CPU processing systems
- Experience in programming with data communication protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP
- Programming and debugging PLCs and HMIs
- Have used the Robotic Operating System (ROS) and simulation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.