To plan, organize, schedule and coordinate all aspects of specific assigned projects with all internal resources and external parties including the customer, to ensure the highest quality production within time and budget parameters and to provide direction, training, guidance and regularly review of work performed by Project Leaders.
- Prepare project schedules and installation requirements.
- Conduct manufacturing and assembly reviews with Manufacturing Manager, Shop Floor Supervisor.
- Monitor all project schedules, installation requirements, manufacturing reviews and assembly review to ensure that projects are on time and within budget.
- Develop for approval budgets for all project functions, including manpower, major capital, material purchasing, external fabrication, and training requirements.
- Review the quotations versus requirements of projects.
- Prepare requisitions and approve PO’s for long-lead materials and external service requirements, (i.e. PHSR Inspection, weld inspections, installation contractors, etc)
- On a weekly basis, for both Mechanical and Electrical Control Design, review and monitor design progress with assigned designers and Engineering Manager.
- Conduct design team meetings, document status and provides direction for moving forward.
- Regularly review design and project leader resource requirements to ensure that adequate resources are available to carry out projects.
- Communicate project team schedule milestones to department managers to allow for resource planning.
- Perform cost tracking monthly and at project completion for assigned projects.
- Review cost tracking monthly and at the end of the project with Accounting, project leaders and teams.
- Conduct Project invoicing reviews including original and extended Change Order scope with AGM or CFO on a monthly basis.
- Approve quotations, customer P.O.s prior to starting the project.
- Approve design changes to be made. Conduct Engineering Kick-off meetings for new projects and disseminate the design/contract requirements to the project team.
- Review and approve engineering drawing packages for manufacturing and identify budget and schedule for delivery.
- Conduct design reviews with the customer and design team.
- Obtain formal or informal concept/design approval and formal equipment approval from customers.
- Approve shipment of equipment and act as primary contact with the customer.
- Approve design changes to be manufactured with or without formal customer consent.
- Conduct equipment reviews with customer, design team and assembly teams. Reviews the status of purchased items and material.
- Generate and maintain project open issues lists through the different stages of the project.
- Coordinate project review meetings, customer FAT visit, SAT runoff, and closeout/ lessons learned meetings
- Support and implement procedures and systems for the effective organization and easy retrieval of all project records and documentation. Support the collection of records for all projects.
- 7 – 10 years of project management experience in Automation or Assembly equipment industry.
- Working knowledge of various design software, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks
- Good working knowledge of electrical, controls and pneumatic systems
- Excellent skills in MS software
- Excellent organization skills to plan coordinate and monitor projects with a broad range of internal and external personnel.
- Excellent management skills to promote the optimum performance of reporting staff
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and/or written communications
- Strong customer service Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, ethnic origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you require accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.