As a Project Engineer, you will be assigned to personnel with an Engineering background and training who are primarily utilized for coordination and control of projects which require engineering support and discipline. The Project Engineer shall work in conjunction with a Project Manager to control and resolve technical matters both with internal and external project stakeholders/customers/suppliers.
Different projects will have different needs for the specific duties to be completed by a Mechanical Engineer assignee; these needs may be require a bias towards design support, support for manufacturing technology, support for acceptance and/or commissioning testing and a bias towards development and review of customized tooling documents.
- Development of technical documentation in support of the project(s), including documentation such as: Design Documentation (design requirements, FMEA’s, design plans, etc.); Procedures and Instructions (operation manuals, test plans, etc.); Technical and Vendor Specifications; Technical Project Plans (Schedules, PEP, etc.); Design Eng. (Review, check, and approve drawings, mechanical design, etc.)
- Support the Project Manager (as delegated) for all cost, schedule, quality, risk, and scope related to planning, executing, monitoring, and closing activities.
- Support review of procurement plans, and for review of specific project requisitions.
- Seconded responsibility to prepare material requisitions if required by Project Manager.
- Preparation of procurements specifications for materials requiring Engineering input.
- Technical Lead for customer interface events, as coordinated by the Project Manager.
- Technical support for vendor/supplier inquiries
- Design of any testing as required for the intermediate or final verification of fabrication in accordance with the design inputs, in conjunction with the requirements of the Promation Quality Assurance program.
- Support for Manufacturing – including coordination of Manufacturing deliverables opposite project demands (schedule): Maintenance of a daily logbook for the associated project activities, to record progress, technical issues, ideas, advice and lessons learned.
- Support for Operations (assembly/fabrication, both at Promation and on site) – including technical coordination of assembly tasks opposite any assembly instruction including procedures, ITPs, NCRs etc.
- Coordination of QC and NDE Inspection resources as required for Manufacturing and Assembly.
- Coordination and management of project action tracking lists
- Compilation of Lessons Learned on an on-going basis, opposite design, fabrication and manufacturing instruction.
- Management of any in-process technical changes required resulting from proactive or reactive measures required to maintain cost and schedule.
- Support to QA for the management of any unforeseen issues requiring documented change (e.g. NCR, Corrective Action, Concession applications)
- Support to Health & Safety for any safety related project initiatives or needs.
- Provide input to Project Manager for project control, such as: Estimate to complete (schedule/labour hours/material and consumables costing); Identification of potential project changes – risks and opportunities for scope/schedule and budget change; Support for preparation of any required COR.
- Support proposal activities such as quotes and COR’s as assigned by the Engineering Manager
- A post secondary degree in industrial or mechanical engineering or a related field
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Ontario is preferred.
- Two plus years of directly related manufacturing / operations management experience in the Nuclear Tooling Industry, where production challenges are continuously unique rather than repetitive in nature
- Highly skilled in use of measuring and test equipment including calipers, micrometers, indicators, height gauges, surface testers etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge in all aspects of manufacturing, assembly, purchasing, quality assurance, testing, and project coordination
- Outstanding problem solving skills in order to evaluate and enhance production processes and systems and to identify and solve operations, process and quality issues
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.