Responsibilities of this position include projects administration, materials handling, inventory control, and shipping and receiving. This role is excellent for individuals looking to pursue future career opportunities in Project Coordination/ Management, Project Engineering and/or Design.
Shipping, Receiving & Inventory Administration:
- Receive and verify incoming materials/shipments against purchase order.
- Log shipping /receiving transactions entries into ERP.
- Perform materials sorting, labeling, bagging, repacking, tape boxes.
- Distribute the items received to the person or department for which the item was ordered.
- Perform inventory count and report discrepancies.
- Operating mechanical forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work well with others on a continuous and consistent basis.
- Present and maintain a professional behavior.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment and report any unsafe conditions.
- Oversees and manages project documentation and coordinates documentation revisions and distributions.
- Upload projects BOM into ERP system.
- Prepares standard project status reports for project delivery team, client, and management.
- Enters project information data (i.e., project status updates, schedule updates, CORs) into project management module in the ERP system.
- Assists with project administration deliverables (i.e., meeting minutes; budget tracking; schedule updates; move management; closeout).
- A post-secondary technical diploma and/or a university degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- 0-1 years of general fabricating and machine shop knowledge/experience.
- Knowledge on Inventory Control/ERP Software.
- Knowledge in Epicor Software is an asset.
- Blueprint Reading. Some experience with CAD Software’s (SolidWorks/E-drawing, AutoCAD) (able to open drawings, review, look up Bill of Material, etc.)
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Some experience in MS Project is an asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, ethnic origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.