Responsible for operating the Robotic Additive Manufacturing cell. The successful candidate will work closely with the research and development team on robotics, vision, automation, and additive manufacturing. This is a hands-on role that requires critical thinking and problem solving.
• Robot set up including master and tool center point calibration.
• Robot pendant programming, off-line programming, simulations.
• Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment set up and operation including laser, powder feeder, chiller, etc.
• Daily operation and maintenance of the complete system including requisition of materials, housekeeping.
• Operation of other Additive Manufacturing (AM) secondary equipment.
• Hands on with controls and automation for the continuous building and upgrading of the system.
• Educational background in robotic and additive manufacturing.
• 0-3 years of experience – new grads are encouraged to apply!
• Critical thinking and problem-solving disposition.
Additional Information about the Role
• Promation has partnered with the University of Waterloo for this position.
• Employment and benefits will be through the University of Waterloo until 2024
• Full time work location will be at Promation in Oakville, Ontario.
• Promation will offer full-time employment following the end of the 2024 term with the University of Waterloo, contingent on candidate performance.
• Promation will provide thorough job specific training for the successful candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis