Manufacturing Technologist will coordinate manufacturing activities (internal and external) on projects as assigned by the Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly.
Plan, co-ordinate, schedule and maintain required resources and oversee: Manufacturing processes including, but not limited to raw material requisitioning, subcontract machining, and subcontract processing of machined parts, and to ensure all QA-related documentation is prepared and compiled in a timely manner and Divisional in-house and subcontracted Fabrication operations
At all times, the activities above are to be executed to ensure our products meet established customer requirements and strictly adhere to Promation’s quality standards, timelines, budgets, and production and safety standards.
Assist Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly, in organizing, managing Assembly and Electrical Vendors.
- Source and Coordinate all manufacturing activities and all W59 welding activities as directed by Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly
- Coordinate material supply and routing to vendors and develop supplier base and contribute to the expansion and maintenance of the PN ASL.
- Ensure compliance with the assigned budget and defined delivery schedules are met and reported back to Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly
- Track and record cost of poor quality, Records lessons learned and report to supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly
- Creation of RFQ’s in compliance to Quality.
- Monitor and follow up on yellow tagged items as required.
- Manufacturing point of contact for engineering.
- Assist and coach other tech’s in daily activities.
- Ensure adherence to all MITP requirements (i.e. Hold points, Witness points, and Inspection points) in relation to manufacturing activities.
- Initiate ECR/NCR’s or equivalent for related manufacturing issues.
- Ensure proper completion of all related QA & QC documentation and Enforce proper quarantine and release protocols
- Work closely with QCI’s and operations coordinator in reviewing/release drawings.
- Work with Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly, and Assembly Leader to ensure accurate and timely requisitioning of all raw materials as defined by cut list (including ensuring timely development of cuts) and subcontract manufacturing & post-processing activities.
- Work with supervisor- Manufacturing/Assembly, to ensure proper documentation is requested/received. Follow up on delinquent documentation in conjunction with QA protocols.
Health & Safety and Housekeeping:
- Strictly adhere to all health and safety policies and practices and housekeeping protocols
- A post secondary diploma in industrial or mechanical engineering or a related field
- Two plus years of directly related manufacturing /quality field experience, where production challenges are continuously unique rather than repetitive in nature.
- One plus years of directly related manufacturing experience within the Nuclear Industry.
- Excellent technical knowledge in all aspects of manufacturing including machining and quality assurance
- Outstanding problem solving skills in order to evaluate and enhance production processes and systems and to identify and solve operations, process and quality issues
- Sound technical knowledge of nuclear reactors and tooling associated with outages
- Ability to communicate the function of the tooling and how it is used in the field.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, ethnic origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis