As a Manual Machinist, you will be assigned to produce machined parts by, setting up, and operating manual machining equipment; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment, tooling, and supplies. We are looking for someone with both lathe and milling knowledge/experience.
- Plan machining by studying, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three-jaw and four-jaw chucks, vices, fixtures, tools, and attachments.
- Verify settings and maintain part specifications by measuring first-off part and sample work pieces during operation, sharpening and replacing worn tools as needed to ensure part to print accuracy, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Deburr parts in preparation for next operation and/or Quality Inspection.
- To work in a clean, safe and organized manner, as outlined in the Health and Safety Program; this includes material handling.
- Apply knowledge of equipment applications in the manufacturing process.
- Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, scrap and rework.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, adding/mixing coolant, topping up oils, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions, identifying and reporting any required repairs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Any additional tasks as requested by Manufacturing / Shop Supervisor.
- Post Secondary Education / Apprenticeship Training Program.
- Certificate of Qualifications as General Machinist or Tool and Die Maker
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Precision Machining.
- Ability to work shift rotation and flexibility to work overtime on short notice.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive winning attitude
- Blueprint Reading, GD&T.
We are an Equal Employment Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.