We are looking for a Machine shop helper who will prepare materials for various machining operations, assist other shop personnel with de-burring, cleaning , lifting, assembly, packaging, housekeeping, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, housekeeping, maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintain material storage area, keeping materials organized and stored in the proper location.
- Select appropriate material as specified on manufacturing route sheet and/or DWG.
- Operate band saws and other cutting tools to prepare material for machining operations.
- De-burring, minor machining, cleaning and / or sand blasting parts prior to the next machining operation.
- Assist other shop personnel with jobs that include but not limited to: assembly, packaging, lifting, moving, loading, cleaning, etc.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures set forth by the company’s Health and Safety Manual in conjunction with the OHSA. Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Any additional tasks as requested by Manufacturing / Shop Supervisor.
- College / Vocational or Technical training..
- 1-3 Years of relevant experience.
- General fabricating and machine shop knowledge
- Knowledge of measuring tools, Blue print reading.
- A motivated team player with a “can do” attitude that is able to troubleshoot, focus and organize work area.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively while maintaining a high attention to detail and quality.
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task and Comfortable working in a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to assist other plant personnel when required.
- Ready to work Afternoon shift.