As a Lead, Design Engineering, you have a proven track record of successful mechanical design experience from concept generation to detailed engineering work. You have designed and led large scale, complex engineering systems, and can now use your wealth of knowledge to lead a small group of engineers within the engineering department, guide them to technical success, either in whole or in part by:
- Managing, planning, and executing engineering work for projects that you are assigned
- Guiding all interfaces and resources related to mechanical design activities, both external and internal, and delegating tasks to assigned engineering resources
- Coaching and mentoring junior engineers to ensure individuals are growing and gaining valuable experience to better the Promation team
- Managing communication between the Project Manager, the customer, suppliers, and the design group.
- Being flexible in your role and performing the duties of a Design Engineer, as well as accepting the challenge of being the primary delegate if the role of Supervisor, Design Engineering, is vacant and required.
- Review project inputs (such as Technical Specifications, Purchase Orders, Proposals, etc.) to ensure all design requirements are clear and understood by engineering team
- Delegate design tasks to designers that are assigned to you by the Supervisor, Design Engineering, to ensure project schedule is met and engineering budget adhered to
- Provide input into the engineering resource spreadsheet
- Generate technical solutions through CAD designs and concept sketches related to prototype machine and/or system construction
- Produce/assist with technical documents
- Report design progress and request for resources as required to meet schedules
- Review drawings for design compliance, accuracy, material selection, proper machining techniques, tolerances, finishes, etc.
- Interface with vendors as required
- Ensure QA program procedures are met on each project that you are assigned
- Participate and/or lead design reviews, internal and external
- Participate in and report R&D activities
- Contribute to the enhancement of department design standards and create/maintain/delegate design standard records
- Assist with the conceptual design/technical write-up of proposals
- Support all engineering department activities as required
- A post-secondary degree in industrial or mechanical engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Ontario or registered EIT is preferred
- 4+ years or 5000 hours of direct experience of Solidworks or equivalent
- Complete understanding of 3D modelling is required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, ethnic origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.