As a Junior Project Manager, you will support the project management group, project teams and department managers with planning, organizing schedules and coordinating all aspects of specific assigned projects with internal resources and external parties including the customer. You will ensure the highest quality project planning within time and budget parameters and to provide direction, support, and guidance. Coordinate data gathering and processing for regular reviews of work performed by Project teams.
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and installation requirements
- Support manufacturing and assembly reviews with Manufacturing Operations Manager, Shop Floor Supervisor
- Monitor project reviews, manufacturing reviews and assembly review to ensure that projects are on time and within budget
- Facilitate the steady flow of material from purchasing and fabrication to the assembly team
- Develop budgets for project changes, spare parts and service orders. Review budgets with department managers and technical leads.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for materials and external service requirements, (i.e. PHSR Inspection, weld inspections, installation contractors, etc)
- Support the data compiling for project team monthly reporting
- Support Project Managers with weekly reviews of mechanical and electrical control design, procurement and assembly teams
- Review and monitor design progress with assigned designers and Engineering Manager
- Perform cost tracking monthly and at project completion for labour and materials on assigned projects
- Review cost tracking monthly and at end of project with Accounting, project leaders and teams
- Conduct Project invoicing reviews including original and extended DCO/COR scope with Assistant General Manager on a monthly basis.
- Monitor the approval of purchase orders for long lead material purchasing
- Support Project and Engineering Kick-off meetings, when required
- Facilitate the transfer of controlled engineering drawing packages for manufacturing and assembly
- Support PM design reviews with customer and design team and equipment reviews with customer, design team and assembly teams
- Provide support to PMs for the shipping of equipment and other materials to customers.
- Help coordinate design changes through manufacturing and assembly.
- Support other PMs with design reviews with customer and design team
- Review status of purchased items and material.
- Develop and implement procedures and systems for the effective organization and easy retrieval of all project records and documentation.
- Document all procedures related to all major activities performed in the department for ongoing training, consistency and performance quality purposes. Support document updates for all procedures, work instruction, and form changes.
- Completion of a University / College program in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in mechanical design and fabrication. Experience relevant to the automation and/or assembly equipment industries is a must.
- Working knowledge of various design software, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
- A good working knowledge of electrical, controls and pneumatic systems.
- Excellent skills in MS software, including MS Project.
- Excellent organization skills to plan coordinate and monitor projects with a broad range of internal and external personnel.
- Good management skills to promote optimum performance of reporting staff.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and/or written communications.
- Strong customer service skills.
We are an Equal Employment Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.