As Junior Controls and Automation Programmer/Developer, you will be responsible to program and develop software’s for the operation of automated equipment, and for the manipulation of associated data.
- Understand Promation scheduling and budget requirements and apply personal management skills to meet required time and material allowances.
- Communicate effectively with management, fellow staff, and customers the status of current projects, project concerns and possible solutions.
- Reviews machine function with senior electrical developer, mechanical design personnel, and mechanical developer associated with the project.
- Study drawings, manuals, and specifications, then using appropriate software’s proceed to writing all necessary programs.
- Understand and apply basic ladder logic principles, including sequencer and analog control for I/O systems of 128 I/O or less. Ability to program and interface basic HMI screens for projects as required
- Document all software written as per Promation standards.
- Develop all software written to achieve specified performance criteria Development will be done in a “team” environment, which will include electrical and mechanical interests.
- Research and develop application and use of products involved in a project. Research and development records to be filed for future reference. Successes and failures to be entered under “Best Practices”.
- Mark drawings to “as built” throughout the project.
- Occasional travel as required.
- Additional duties as required.
- College or University level Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering program
- 2 years of experience with engineering of automated machinery and robotics
- Highly self-motivated with a strong initiative to complete tasks independently
- Effective communicator with excellent written and/or verbal communication with the ability to speak to customers, groups and/or suppliers
- Effective team player with the ability to collaborate effectively with various sized and diverse teams
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.