The Engineering Coordinator is required to assist and perform engineering related activities to support the engineering division.
- Support the engineering group (as delegated) for all, quality, risk and scope related to planning, executing, monitoring, and closing project activities.
- Preparation of procurement plans/specifications, or requisitions (soliciting technical input from engineering resources as required) to facilitate project needs
- Seconded responsibility to negotiate technical aspects of subcontracted services
- Maintenance of a daily logbook for the associated project activities, to record progress, technical issues, ideas, advice and lessons learned
- Maintenance and distribution of meeting minutes
- Coordination and management of project action tracking lists
- Compilation of Lessons Learned on an on-going basis, opposite design, fabrication and manufacturing instruction.
- Management of any in-process technical changes (between customers and/or subcontractors) required resulting from proactive or reactive measures required to maintain cost, schedule, or technical compliance.
- Performance of administrative tasks such as the sanitization and upload of data to our ERP.
- Support of the Engineering department for the management of any unforeseen issues requiring documented change (e.g. NCR – inclusive of dispositioning, Corrective Action, Concession applications)
- Support to Health & Safety for any safety related project initiatives or needs.
- Provide input to
Engineering Manager for project control, such as:
- Assist EM by developing/maintaining a project/department resource plan
- Schedule analysis for potential improvements and identification potential schedule relaxations/contractions, as well as development and maintenance of a master schedule
- Other duties as identified by the Engineering Manager and/or their delegate(s)
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in industrial or mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Excellent technical knowledge in all aspects of manufacturing, assembly, purchasing, quality assurance, testing, and project coordination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.