We are looking for an Intermediate Design Engineer who has a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals, and has an extensive experience in both analytical concepts and modeling using SolidWorks.
- Read and understand provided technical specifications for a project
- Provide concepts or designs that meet the outlined requirements
- Perform engineering calculations with respect to the strength of materials, motor selection, hydraulic and pneumatic cylinder sizing, and various machine design sizing calculations
- Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. OSHA, CE or customer specific)
- Create detailed manufacturing drawings and assembly with proper dimensioning, GD&T, material and surface finish/coating requirements
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, proper machining techniques, finishes, hardness, etc. and update as required
- Create BOMs and prepare them for drawing release
- Interfaces with customers, vendors and co-workers for technical information, schedule and specifications
- Assist with quotations and conceptual design as required
- Assist with troubleshooting of assembled components during testing
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Promation Code of Conduct
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science /A post-secondary degree in industrial or mechanical engineering or a related field
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Ontario is preferred or a registered EIT
- 3-7 years of direct Solidworks or equivalent experience.
- Functional knowledge of MathCAD or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects
We are an Equal Employment Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.