The CNC Waterjet Operator is responsible for producing High Quality Water Jet cut parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) Water Jet machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment, tooling, and supplies.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm.
- Plan machining by studying, blueprints, models, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Create tool paths/programs for Waterjet Machine using OMAX Intelli-MAX. Input program information into machine, including zero reference points, setting cutting tool heights etc.
- Load materials into machine using overhead crane and/or forklift as well as emptying SRS Hopper.
- Maintain material traceability markings and overall material organization.
- Verify settings and maintain part specifications by measuring first-off part and sample work pieces during operation, adjusting, and reprogramming controls, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Deburr parts in preparation for next operation and/or Quality Inspection.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures set forth by the company’s Health and Safety Manual in conjunction with the OHSA. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, adding Garnet, water, machine consumables such as Filters, Mixing Tubes, Hopper Bags, following manufacturer’s instructions. Troubleshooting malfunctions, identifying, and reporting any required repairs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Operate saw cutting machine
- Moving finished goods, raw material, and scrap around facility when jobs are running longer cycles
- Perform housekeeping and cleaning as instructed by the Manufacturing/Shop Supervisor.
- Any additional tasks as requested by Manufacturing/Shop Supervisor.
- Forklift / Crane Certification
- Post-Secondary Education: Apprenticeship Training Program
- Certifcate of Qualification as General Machinist or Tool and Die Make
- 0-1 years of experience in Precision Machining
- 0-1 years of experience in Blueprint Reading, GD&T
- 0-1 years of experience Forklift/Crane experience
- Analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Dedicated team player with the ability to work within varying size teams as well as independently
- Effective communicator with the ability to develop good interpersonal relationships
- Excellent and conscious ability to adhere health and safety rules and regulations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religious creed, ethnic origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.