We are looking for CNC Machinist who will produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment, tooling, and supplies.
- Plan machining by studying, blueprints, models, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Create tool paths/programs for CNC Machines using Mastercam, OMAX Intelli-MAX, G Codes, and Conversational programming methods. Input program information into machines, including zero reference points, setting tool length offsets and cutter compensation.
- Set-up equipment by installing and adjusting three-jaw and four-jaw chucks, vices, fixtures, tools, and attachments.
- Verify settings and maintain part specifications by measuring first-off part and sample workpieces during operation, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools as needed to ensure part to print accuracy, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Prepare material cut list for new projects.
- Maintain 5S in CNC Machining area.
- Deburr parts in preparation for the next operation and/or Quality Inspection.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures set forth by the company’s Health and Safety Manual in conjunction with the OHSA. Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, adding/mixing coolant, topping up oils, following manufacturer’s instructions. Troubleshooting malfunctions, identifying and reporting any required repairs.
- Accomplish organization’s goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests. Any additional tasks as requested by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Post Secondary Education: Apprenticeship Training Program
- Certificate of Qualifications as General Machinist or Tool and Die Maker.
- 3-5 years of experience in Precision Machining, CNC Programming( Mastercam), Blueprint Reading, GD&T, Knowledge in best practice machining and work holding methods.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive winning attitude.
While we appreciate all interests, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.