We are looking for CNC Machinist Who will produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment, tooling, and supplies.
- Plan machining by studying, blueprints, models, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Create tool paths/programs for CNC Machines using Mastercam, OMAX Intelli-MAX, G Codes, and Conversational programming methods. Input program information into machines, including zero reference points, setting tool length offsets and cutter compensation.
- Set-up equipment by installing and adjusting three-jaw and four-jaw chucks, vices, fixtures, tools, and attachments.
- Verify settings and maintain part specifications by measuring first-off part and sample work pieces during operation, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools as needed to ensure part to print accuracy, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Deburr parts in preparation for next operation and/or Quality Inspection.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures set forth by the company’s Health and Safety Manual in conjunction with the OHSA. Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, adding/mixing coolant, topping up oils, following manufacturer’s instructions. Troubleshooting malfunctions, identifying and reporting any required repairs.
- Accomplish organization’s goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Precision Machining, Blueprint Reading, GD&T, Programming, Best practice machining and work holding methods.
- CNC Lathe, Milling experience is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive winning attitude.
- Able to interact with all functional areas and all organizational levels.
- Certificate of Qualifications as General Machinist or Tool and Die Maker.
- Willing to work Afternoon Shifts.