As an Assembly Technician, you will assemble, and support assembly of tooling components guided by technical drawings and assembly/testing procedures, as directed by the Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly.
At all times, the activities above are to be executed to ensure our products meet established customer requirements and strictly adhere to Promation’s quality standards, timelines, budgets, and production and safety standards.
An element of engineering can be included in the daily tasks depending on individual competencies and experience. This would include the design of fixtures and tools to assist assembly and testing, creation of engineering documents outlining testing, operation, and maintenance of equipment, as well as design updates, feedback, reviews, etc.
- Plan, co-ordinate, and highlight issues directly to Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly, based on schedule provided by Project Manager.
- Maintain hold and verification points as imposed by the QA program and QA personal.
- Perform pre-assembly audits and stage componnets and inventory of components prior to builds.
- Review drawing packages and highlight issues prior to performing the build.
- Assemble tools and tooling components as directed by drawings and assembly procedures.
- Log/compile all lessons learned throughout tool assembly and provide summary to manager at close of project.
- Ensures compliance to assigned budgets provided by Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly.
- Ensures compliance to assigned schedules provided by Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly.
- Tasks as assigned.
- Ensures adherence of all MITP requirements (i.e. Hold points, Witness points and Inspection points) in relation to Assembly/Testing activities.
- Initiates ECR/NCR’s or equivalent for related assembly issues.
- Ensures proper compliance of all related QA & QC documentation.
- Enforces proper quarantine and release protocols.
- Works closely with Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly, in reviewing/release of drawings.
- Works with Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly, to ensure accurate and timely requisitioning of all consumables and special tooling required for and during build.
- Works with Supervisor-Manufacturing/Assembly, to ensure proper documentation is requested/received. Follow up on delinquent documentation in conjunction with QA protocols.
Health & Safety and Housekeeping
- Strictly adheres to all health and safety policies and practices, housekeeping protocols and WHIMIS protocols.
- Spends 15 minutes per day cleaning work area.
- A post secondary diploma in industrial or mechanical engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 plus years of directly related manufacturing / quality field experience, where production challenges are continuously unique rather than repetitive in nature.
- 0-2 years of directly related assembly experience within the Nuclear Industry.
- Excellent technical knowledge in all aspects of assembly including machining / fitting and quality assurance.
- Outstanding problem solving skills in order to evaluate and enhance production processes and systems and to identify and solve operations, process and quality issues.
- Sound technical knowledge of nuclear reactors and tooling associated with outages.